Benjamin Polen is affiliated with Polestar Realty, which specializes in commercial real estate debt & equity financing.
The firm also offers fee-based advisory consulting services for financial analysis, market research, JV proposal review, and other value-added real estate services.
Through Polestar Realty, Ben advises on complex real estate investments, specializing in capital raising and off-market transactions. The firm’s debt and equity allocation sources include private and institutional investors, pension funds, private equity, insurance companies, banks, bridge lenders, family offices, and high net worth investors.
- Investment sales tailored to meet client needs of off-market transactions.
- Note sales, both performing and non-performing.
- Capital raising of joint venture equity, mezzanine debt, and structured investments.
- Valuation of debt, equity, and partnerships.
- Recapitalization of distressed assets.
- Development financing.
- Financial modeling, including discounted cash flow analysis and cap rate analysis.
Our knowledge and experience have been applied in the following ways:
- Identification and analysis of non-performing loan pool owned by a New York City bank on behalf of a private investor.
- Advisory on acquisition of redevelopment site in New York City including financial modeling, capital structuring, and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Advisory to ownership of 60,000 sf Manhattan development site.
- Advisor to court-appointed receiver, marketing of 100,000 sf Manhattan office building.
- Manager of $30 million luxury condo development.
- Analysis of distressed CMBS loan universe to identify non-performing and watchlisted loans.
Bespoke financial modeling, market research, and data analysis provided upon request.